Why use aliases?
- When an ordering account alias is configured, you will be able to search on the configured alias when creating a payment.
- When a reporting account alias is configured, the alias will be shown instead of the account holder in the account information overview (which is configured by the bank).
Important: Aliases must be configured for both ordering and reporting accounts. They are configured separately, meaning an alias configured in the tab Account info is not always available when creating a new payment and vice versa.
- For reporting accounts: Select Account Info tab > Aliases For accounts, from the left navigation menu.
- For ordering accounts: Select Transactions tab > Aliases For accounts, from the left navigation menu.
- In case your alias is not shown while consulting Account information, verify that the option "View aliases instead of account holder names" in the Preferences > Account info is enabled.