- Verify if the Check for server certificate revocation option has been activated in the advanced option of Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer from the Windows Start menu.
- From the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
The Internet Options window appears.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down to the Security section.
- Activate the checkbox Check for server certificate revocation.
- Click the OK button. You will return to Internet Explorer.
- Close all programs and restart Internet Explorer.
- Verify the time and the date of your computer and correct them if necessary.
- Open Regional Settings/Options via Start > Settings > Control Panel
- Date and time settings must match the regional settings.
- Make sure the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" check box is selected.
To verify this setting, open Date and Time (in the Control Panel) and go to the Time Zone tab.
- If the time and date are correct, go to step 3.
- Check for Windows Updates
- Note to your system administrator :
A root certificate may be missing from the Microsoft Trusted Root Certificate Store. Please verify if Windows updates are available and not blocked by a firewall.
- Retry to log on the Isabel 6 application.
If the problem persists or you cannot change the option "Check for server certificate revocation" it is possible that your system administrator prohibits you to manipulate this option. Please follow the steps below with your IT sevice to verify if the changes are correctly set up.
Attention: the procedures described below will modify your Windows registry. If these modification are not properly done, your system may become unusable. We advise you to contact your system administrator to perform these modifications and to ask him to backup your Windows registry first.
- Press .
- In the Run prompt, type regedit and press Enter to open the Windows Registry editor (a popup might ask for a confirmation before openingthis).
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinTrust\TrustProviders\SoftwarePublishing
- In the right column, right-click on State and choose Modify.
- Modify the Value data to 23c00 (Hexadecimal).
- Click OK and close the Windows Registry Editor.
- Restart the computer.
- Retry to log on to Isabel 6.